, Reading time: Less than 1 minute
Ladders are common household tools. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 500,000 people are treated per year from ladder-related injuries.
You can read about how to use a ladder safely here.
- Don’t use a damaged ladder; inspect it before use
- Watch out for overhead power lines
- Maintain a 3-point contact (two hands and a foot or two feet and a hand) at all times
- Stay near the middle of the ladder
- Do not use the top step as a step
- Do not use a stepladder horizontally like a platform
This page is a part of our Safety Minute collection. You can edit it or
add more on GitHub.
Back to Safety Minute Home