Reading time: Less than 1 minute
Earthquakes are dangerous. You can read about what to do in an earthquake
from the CDC here.
- Drop, Cover, Hold on
- If you are inside, stay inside
- If you are in a high-rise building, drop, cover, and hold on.
- If you are inside a crowded place, drop, cover, and hold on.
- If you are outside, stay outside.
- If you are in a moving vehicle, stop as quickly and safely as possible.
- If you are in a stadium or theater, stay in your seat. Protect your head and neck with your arms or any way possible.
- If you are near the shore, drop, cover, and hold on until the shaking stops.
- If you cannot drop to the ground, try to sit or remain seated so you are not knocked down.
This page is a part of our Safety Minute collection. You can edit it or
add more on GitHub.
Back to Safety Minute Home